The County of Yolo is recruiting to fill one (1) regular, full-time position in the class of Public Information Officer (PIO) at the County Administrator's Office. The first application review date is 30 days after the initial publication of this job announcement.
Department The County Administrator's Office implements the policies and strategic plan of the county organization, as set by the Board of Supervisors, and provides executive management for the County departments and agencies. For additional info, see County Administrator | Yolo County.
Position The PIO manages the County’s communications with the public through press releases, social media, videos, live media and the County website. The PIO informs and engages the community and other stakeholders regarding County activities, services, and strategies as well as functions as the County Spokesperson. As a member of the County Emergency Operations Center personnel, the PIO also acts in a lead capacity in disseminating information during an emergency.
The Ideal Candidate
- is an experienced, dedicated, innovative, and proactive media relations professional who possesses outstanding team-leading skills, high integrity, solid ethical standards, and can exercise appropriate independent judgment.
- understands the dynamics of County government and is exceptional in the art of articulating messages to the community through all available outlets.
- enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is able to respond quickly and thoroughly to Yolo County’s communications/information needs.
- has strong public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- is highly collaborative and successful at cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with their teams, the community, media outlets, and other agencies.
- leads by example and delivers outstanding customer service with compassion and empathy at all times.
- has experience working in multilingual communities.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; AND three (3) years of public relations and/or communications media experience which may include public communications, public relations, marketing, branding, outreach and/or developing, writing or producing materials for use in print and electronic media.
Interested applicants should view the full job posting at Public Information Officer and submit an online County of Yolo Employment Application, resume, verification of education, and responses to the supplemental questions at the time of filing.
For general questions and information, please reach out to us via: Email | Facebook | Twitter