126 entries from government communicators across the country were recognized during the National Association of County Information Officers’ (NACIO) Awards of Excellence reception in Nashville on July 15.
Gwinnett County Communications Division was awarded the evening’s top honor, the ‘Tom Goodman Best of Show’ award for their bicentennial website: www.gwinnett200.com.
“The website is a compilation that took about a year and a half to create. It will live on beyond the anniversary and it includes videos,” said head of Gwinnett Communications Division Heather Sawyer. “Gwinnett is diverse community and in the videos, we encouraged residents to tell their stories.”
The national contest, open to both members and nonmembers of the organization, drew 247 entries in total.
The contest was divided into 9 categories: Annual Reports, Brochures/Multiple-page Booklets, Publications, Writing, Graphic Design, Photographs, Audiovisual Production, Special Projects, and Electronic Communications. The winners of each category were awarded a ‘Best in Class.’ The “Best in Class winners are as follows:
- Annual Reports:Kitsap County, Washington for Kitsap County Public Works Solid Waste Division Annual Report 2016
- Brochures/Multiple-page Booklets: Hennepin County, MinnesotaforMN Deed Insert
- Publications:Johnson County, Kansas for JoCo Maganize – Spring 2017
- Writing:Texas Association of Counties for Don’t Fall For It: Patrick’s Property Tax ‘Relief’ is Anything But
- Graphic Design:Gwinnett County, Georgiafor 2018 Multicultural Festival
- Photography:Los Angeles County, CaliforniaforReaching Out, Touching Lives
- Audiovisual Production: Henrico County, Virginia forHaunted Henrico: Are Ghosts Dwelling in Historic County Properties
- Special Projects: Pinellas County, Florida forPenny for Pinellas Public Education Campaign
- Electronic Communication: Gwinnett County, Georgia for Gwinnett200.com
The Awards of Excellence is an annual competition held in the spring. The full list of winners can be found on the NACIO website at nacio.org.
The mission of the National Association of County Information Officers is to connect, educate and provide resources among government communicators.
To find out more information visit www.nacio.orgor follow NACIO on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/nacio66 or Twitter at www.Twitter.com/nacio66.
PICTURED LEFT TO RIGHT: Awards Chair Tristan Babin, Gwinnett Communications Division Heather Sawyer and NACIO President Lori Letzring with the Tom Goodman Best of Show award.